Meet our STO
Become a STO
DUTIES OF THE STATE THESPIAN OFFICERS
1. Attend ALL State Board Meetings with the Adult Board and Chapter Director. STO are required to attend conference call meetings and a one-day leadership retreat. Travel & Food expenses must be incurred by the individual student. Louisiana Thespians does not pay expenses.
2. Assist with the design of the State Festival theme, logo and t-shirt.
3. Assist with the planning of the State Festival.
4. Attend and take an active role in conducting the State Festival.
5. Conduct the Leadership Seminar at State Festival. The Seminar is designed and led by the State Thespian Chair and the International Thespian Rep.
6. Coordinate other theatre activities for State Thespians to attend.
7. Communicate with the Festival Chairperson and Chapter Director.
8. Be a role model for other Louisiana Thespians.
9. Promote ITS/Louisiana Thespians and the ideas for which it stands.
Each troupe may nominate one candidate for election of the State Thespian Officers. In order to be a candidate for the State Thespian Officers, a student must meet the following qualifications:
1. Be in his/her sophomore or junior year in high school.
2. Be registered with EdTA as a Thespian in good standing with Louisiana Thespians
3. Be an active member and in good standing with their troupe.
4. Be able to attend State Board Meetings.
5. Must attend the State Festival and Leadership Seminar.
6. Parents, Chapter Director & Principal must sign the Candidate Permission Form.
7. Complete the Student Board Information Form.
8. The student must prepare a typed 200 word essay briefly describing the candidate's theatre background and reasons the candidate would like to serve on the Student Board.
9. If any required information is not received by the deadline, the student will be disqualified.
1. Elections will be held at the State Festival during the Leadership Seminar.
2. Each Candidate must give a prepared one to two minute speech at the Leadership Seminar giving their background information and explaining why he/she would like to serve as a State Thespian Officer.
3. Each active troupe voting is given 1 vote to select 7 State Thespian Officers.
4. A State Thespian Officer Chairperson is elected each year, with the exception of a Chairperson who served the previous year as Chairperson, would continue as Chairperson for the new term.
5. The past State Thespian Officers will vote for a Chairperson from the newly elected State Thespian Officers.
6. The State Thespian Officer receiving the 2nd largest number of votes from the past State Thespian Officers will be declared Co-Chairperson. Co-Chairpersons do not proceed to Chairperson automatically the following year.
7. All members of the newly elected Thespian Officers must attend the Adult Board meeting at the Festival held on Saturday.
8. Due to campus restrictions, no posters for campaigning will be allowed.
9. Newly elected State Thespian Officers must attend the State Board meeting at the Festival on Saturday.
TERMS OF OFFICE
Terms for newly elected members of the State Thespian Officers begin on the Monday following the State Festival and last exactly one year.
Any State Thespian Officer who fails to attend State Board meetings, refuse to communicate with State Board members or uphold the listed Duties of the STO will result in removal from the State Thespian Officers by the Festival Chair or Chapter Director.